Guidelines for Massage Therapy
Following the recent Government Guidelines, I am now restarting Liz Buckley Therapies Massage treatments. I have undertaken a risk assessment and have put together the following guidelines.
I will be:
- monitoring my own health and deferring treatments if I have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
- contacting my clients 24 hours in advance and deferring any treatments if:
- they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; are clinically extremely vulnerable and shielding;
- anyone in their household has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19;
- they have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days;
- they have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace Service and told to self isolate.
- asking my clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have any symptoms of COVID-19:
o Dry persistent cough
o Temperature over 37.8° Centigrade
o Lack of taste or smell
- Please ventilate the room before I arrive (open windows), it’s also advisable to do this once I’ve left.
- I will be using a massage table, if you could please make a space prior to me arriving to help me avoid contact with your home surfaces.
- Please ensure other members of the household are in another part of the house.
- I will be wearing PPE including a face mask and face visor and anything I bring into your house will be put on a piece of couch roll so that it doesn’t come into direct contact with anything in your house.
- Please wear a face mask when I arrive and leave, you will not need to wear a mask when being massaged face down.
- Please make sure I can wash my hands before and after your treatment. I will use alcohol gel before entering your house to prevent possible contamination. I will put on gloves after washing my hands.
- The massage table will have been thoroughly disinfected and the linens are all clean. I will wipe over the table in your house so that you can be assured it’s been disinfected, I will also do this again at the end of the appointment.
- I will also wear gloves for the massage. Being massaged in gloves is not unpleasant – you will barely feel it. I will be using Nitrile gloves as they feel better, don’t degrade with oil and don’t cause issues with allergies.
Maintaining Social Distancing
- Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, and when arriving and leaving for an appointment.
- I will clear all washable items away into a sealable bag. I will then clean down all of my equipment. Please allow me extra time in your home to clean the massage couch etc. Once I have done this I will wash my hands again and then return the items to my vehicle
Payment to be made by bank transfer.
Updated 15th August 2020. Please note guidance may chance in accordance with Government advice